Teacher Information: School & Home School Programs
The Collier County Museums offer an exciting, curriculum-based learning experience that will introduce your students to the rich history of Southwest Florida. Grade level appropriate guided tours and activities bring the basics of local history down to size and will keep your students coming back to explore more on their own for years to come. Activities and special programs can also be customized to fit your specific curriculum needs and are available for public & private school groups, home school groups and summer camps.
Some of the children’s programs currently offered are:
- Exploring Collier County History
- The Calusa Indians: Southwest Florida’s First People
- The Calusa Indians and the Spanish Explorers
- Native American Tribes of Southwest Florida: From Calusa to Seminole Indians
- Pioneer Life in Southwest Florida
- My Florida Heritage: Fun Facts about the State of Florida
- Famous Floridians: The People Who Made Our State Great
Helpful Scheduling Information
- All programs are currently offered FREE of charge to groups of ten (10) or more children and must be scheduled at least two (2) weeks in advance if possible.
- Reservations must be scheduled in writing only through the Curator of Education
- If you need to cancel or think you may arrive late, please contact the museum as soon as possible at (239) 252-8242 or (239) 252-8476.
- All Museums are handicapped accessible.
To schedule your class for a program and/or field trip or to learn more, please call the museum's Curator of Education at (239) 252-8242 or email